Friday, July 07, 2006

Two Years On

Perhaps it is an indication of how little noticed is this blog that even I failed to note it's second anniversary on June 1st. I didn't notice the first anniversary last year but I was out hiking. This year the date just sailed past me until now.

This blog has had about 800 or so visits since I figured out how to install a site meter in February, an average of nine visits per day. Projecting that average across the past two years, that's over 6,500 visitors but I'm guessing that number is high. Compared the half million per day at Daily Kos, Unsolicited Opinion is indeed a small eddy in blogtopia. (yep, skippy coined that phrase!) Or, as JWalk says, "The Web has 37.3 million blogs. This is one of them." So it is.

It would be cool to be a big blog with lots of visitors, but that's not the point. The point is for me to write and put my thoughts into circulation. Perhaps the best part of blogging for me is the constant thinking and writing. It gives me an opportunity to fully explore ideas that are often disparate and unorganized rattling around in my brain. Putting those ideas into published form makes them a bit more coherent.

Thanks to all of you who stop in, however you may get here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home