Saturday, February 10, 2007

Blog Rolling, Rolling Along

The brouhaha over blogrolling ignited when Kos purged his The DailyKos blogroll has produced some spirited responses, most notably skippy and Maryscott O'Connor. skippy, in particular, has taken his blog in the opposite direction from Kos and will now list every blog that links to him. Since I've linked to skippy since I put up my first blogroll, I am now part of what no doubt will be the biggest blogroll in blogtopia (and Yes! skippy coined that phrase).

All this discussion of blogrolls got me to thinking about my own roll, which is pretty modest. It also doesn't amount to a hill of beans to be listed here since my average of 12 to 15 daily visitors is nothing compared to skippy or Maryscott who get about 1800 hits per day, which in turn pales next to Kos with somewhere around half a million hits each day. Rather than generating traffic to sites I like, I see my blogroll as acknowledging other good sites, some of which I read regularly and others that I visit occasionally.

With that in mind, I updated my roll today and added a few more names. Two are regular stops for me. Harp and Sword is home to Minstrel Boy who writes on an ecclectice variety of topics including politics, food and music. His post on knife fighting is a chilling reminder of war's bloody reality. BadTux the Snarky Penguin writes on an equally wide range of issues and is a fellow re contributor to Mockingbird's Medley, where I also post. The other additons to the roll are my fellow contributors at Mockingbird's: The CultureGhost, Spontaneous Arising, Coffee House Studio and Eccentricity. I stop in at these less frequently but always find something interesting. I think I got all the correct links. If you find any that don't work, leave me a comment and I'll make the needed change.

I'm not inclined to delete blogs unless I find that they have somehow become something I no longer want to associate with or if they stop blogging all together. No "amnesty" here at Unsoliticed Opinion.

Oh yeah, I updated this site to Blogger. Once I saw that Mockingbird had gone over, I couldn't handle the discrepancy on my dashboard.

So there you have it. We now return you to regular programming.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger The Minstrel Boy said...

thank you for the linkage. i have responded in kind. it was sheer indolence on my part that i haven't put you on the sidebar. i check your blog regularly and enjoy your writing.

regular stops by me are the main criteria for my sidebar, and you've been a regular stop for a very long time.

again, thank you

8:51 AM  
Blogger Rez Dog said...

Well, I spoke too soon about new Blogger. The other day I logged in and got a dashboard for my blogs and was able to post away. Today, all I get is a dashboard that tells me how great new Blogger is and what nifty features I can add. I would much rather find my way to my blogs to start. I'm working on a proposal so I don't have time to spend figuring it out. So if any of you bloggers out there see this comment and can offer suggestions, post them in a comment.

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home