Friday, March 02, 2007

Milestones

This humble blog achieved a few milestones this week. In addition to the Carnival of the Liberals, I recorded my 3,000th visitor since adding a sitemeter in February 2006. Not exactly a significant volume in the world of big box blogs but welcome nonetheless. February was the second record setting month in a row--over 800 visitors dropped by in the past two months. And this blog is now averaging about 20 hits per day. At this rate traffic should be into the middle two digits in a year or so.

One of our visitors this past week was notable. After posting this piece on my meeting with Representative Shadegg, someone from the US House of Representatives checked it out three times in short succession, spending 18 minutes during one visit before clicking over to my profile. Here's hoping that what the visitor found there reinforces the message our group delivered to Rep. Shadegg last week. On the other hand, I'm probably on some sort of watch list which more than likely puts me in good company.

Speaking of company, courtesy of Kindea, I have learned that Unsolicited Opinion is a "C-List Blogger" based on the number of links in the past six months. I have some good company, including Evil Spock, Harp and Sword and Whole Wheat Radio.


C-List Blogger.

As long as we're talking abour ratings, Technorati ranks Unsolicited Opinion at 297,641 in blogtopia (y!sctp!) based on links. Pretty far down the list but it's a damn big list with over 50 million blogs in 2006. That puts this blogtopian backwater in the top one percent. I'll go with that.

So there you have the fruits of almost three years of blogging. I'm not making any money at it but I am having fun and, most important, I have the opportunity to put my ideas and opinions out for anyone to see.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Jim Yeager said...

You're at C-level?! Dude, I'm a B-lister, and you should be at least that high. Something needs to be done about this, you are being shafted...

9:42 AM  
Blogger Rez Dog said...

Thanks for the chops, man. Guess I need more blogslinking here but I the only control I have is the brilliance of my words and this is where I am these days. While I would welcome more notice, I am very pleased with what notice I have received from you and other bloggers.

10:02 AM  
Blogger Evil Spock said...

I'm 45 blog links away from B-list.

rez dog, this is the second time you've mentioned me, would you be interested in a link exchange? I'd like to help you become a little more famous!

12:01 PM  
Blogger The Minstrel Boy said...

wow, didn't even know about stuff like that. all the way up to c-list without even trying. cool sez i.

how did the meeting with flake's folks (sometimes the jokes write themselves) go? i called his offices again this morning and they were back to answering back "that's not our position, why do you hate god and america?"

of course the guy ran probably the most odious campaign of the last cycle, calling his opponent a friend of child molestors because she was a brave attorney who fought for the constitution. i'm probably done thinking about jeff flake until the next election when i will open the wallet and tune up the instruments for who ever opposes that prick.

12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home