Monday, November 10, 2008

The Last Act

Yesterday, I took the Kucinich bumper sticker off my bumper. It was long past relevant (if it ever was) but neither Obama nor Clinton spoke as directly to my concerns so I continued to display my loyalty to Kucinich even as I knew I would vote for either Democrat. I have a long tradition of removing bumper stickers on the day after an election; it's a way of moving on regardless of the outcome.

My bumper looks pretty bare now, only a Veterans For Peace sticker on the driver's side. Kucinich's sticker isn't completely gone, though. His "2008" featured planet earth and a peace symbol in place of the zeros. I cut that part out and will put it in the corner of my back window. Kucinich may have been a political zero, but his ideas are worth remembering. That much of his campaign should never end.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home