Sunday, March 22, 2009

Blog News, Maybe

To the extent that anyone is paying attention to this space, they will notice that I have become an irregular weekend blogger. That is largely due to the fact that I work at a desk and computer much of each weekday and am not at all inclined to do so in the evening. That time is much better spent with reading and listening to music after dinner and whatever routine chores I cannot put off until another time.

My limited output does not mean limited involvement. I am still highly engaged. If I wrote even a sentence for each of the ideas that rips through my consciousness as I read the news, I could easily post daily. Problem is, one sentence always leads to another which introduces complexity and/or ambiguity that needs explanation and pretty soon, I'm working on an essay. If I'm lucky one or two of those thoughts will hold until the weekend when I am willing to spend part of my time sitting at a computer.

If you are looking for content right now, check out the Iraq Memorial to Life here in Olympia. It was a vivid reminder of what comes from the muzzlles of our weapons. David Rovics has a thought-provoking essay on Israel, Palestine and the Third Reich.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger cile said...

This statement by Mr. Rovics: "At first I took this powerful wind storm as bad omen. It was disconcerting. But later on in the afternoon, it dawned on me that the wind was carrying the restless spirits of the uncounted hundreds of thousands of dead Iraqis, their lives sadly and horribly extinguished in a brutal and unnecessary war of occupation, a war of imperialism. Needless to say, there was a flood of emotion." Brings to mind: "...The answer, my friend, is [still] blowing in the wind...the answer is blowing in the wind..." by Bob Dylan...Very powerful. Thank you for posting this, Mark, and linking to the article.

11:25 AM  
Blogger Rez Dog said...

Yesterday, in a gentle breeze, the names looked like sails. I thought of spirits on a journey.

2:09 PM  
Blogger NT said...

Just so you know, there are folks watching this space via our feed. I pick up your blog along with several others in a listener/musician "RSS blog". Probably less than 5 who seriously read what you write, but those that do are real and engaged.

Frequency or quantity of posts does not mean much to me these days - despite what all the blogging pundits say. Quality is my watchword. Cile doesn't post much, but when she does, it's always worth a full-on read.

RSS means we're always there whenever you're ready.

(Okay, as a ROTFL aside, the captcha word below that I'm supposed to type in to prove I'm a human being is "twitt". Swear to gawd. Hahahhaha)

2:51 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

We're reading. Maybe not daily, but we get there. Keep up the good work.

6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home