Monday, June 07, 2010

I Forgot to Add

In my paean to local cycling yesterday, I neglected to mention two important contributions to my cycling happiness.

One is the opening of the Martin Way overpass on the Chehalis Western Trail. The overpass replaces a street level crossing that was considered dangerous. I never had problems getting across Martin Way and would have much preferred the Pacific Avenue overpass be constructed first. The Pacific Avenue crossing is a signaled intersection but it's a long, long red light for cross traffic and there's no way to make a run for it. But I wasn't living here when the decision was made and have also learned that the Pacific Avenue overpass involves some right-of-way and business visibility issues so it's more complicated. In the meantime I can enjoy sailing over Martin Way.

The second is that I finally completed riding the length of the Yelm-Tenino Trail. It intersects with the southern terminus of the CWT and is out of range for most weekend rides. I rode western seven miles of the trail earlier this year when Maggie and I were looking at some property in the southern part of the county. A couple of weeks ago I rode the eastern half and met Maggie in Yelm when we went to help my cousin do chores in Tacoma.

It doesn't take much to keep me happy.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home