Sunday, April 10, 2011

Adventures in Electronic Bureaucracy (Reprise)

My attempts to find VA claims information paid off. Around mid-week I received an email telling me all about the various forms I would need to complete depending on my relationship to the the veterans about whose claim I wished to inquire. Since I had already done that, I followed up with a direct question and got a direct answer. Long story short: I was able to obtain information about the current status of two claims I am pursuing. All I had to do was dial the 800 number and sit on hold for about 15 minutes after which a very helpful representative answered all of my questions.

The success was mixed, though. Both claims are being processed which, given the backlog of claims does not auger well for a quick resolution. But at least I know now that the claims were received.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home